...

Fashion Instinct Model Management

Thursday, June 30, 2016

I didn’t collect money from Dasuki, Omisore insists

A former Deputy Governor of Osun State, Senator Iyiola Omisore, has insisted that he did not collect money from the office of the former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki.

Omisore asked the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to stop blackmailing opposition leaders in the country.
The former deputy governor said this in a statement on Wednesday while reacting to a report that his account had been frozen by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.



The EFCC had frozen five bank accounts traced to Omisore, and the two sons of a former Minister of State of Defence, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro.

The EFCC, it was learnt, froze the accounts as part of investigations into the N4.7bn diverted from the imprest account of the Office of NSA under the leadership of Dasuki.

Omisore said, “EFCC is known for spreading rumours. Freezing my account shall amount to the tyranny and illegality acts. I won’t be surprised if the EFCC can be dodging court summons declaring me wanted and evading service. I shall ask the court to compel them to unfreeze such account because I’m neither on trial nor found guilty.

“Rather than use legal means to ensure justice, it has instead resorted to media trial and falsehood, which would not  prosper under any guise. I didn’t take money from the NSA. Why this political trial, prosecution, intimidation and humiliation?

“EFCC won’t stop at any height to blackmail opposition. My AIT programme has attracted another falsehood to harass me. Only a few days ago, I accused the EFCC of dodging court summons. I didn’t collect money from the ONSA, I insist. I have not had any dealings with the ONSA. Last time it was N700m, today it is N1.3bn. Nigerians should be expecting higher multipliers in future. There is no such amount of money in my account. Let the EFCC bring all findings to the court, instead of media hype.”

1 comment:

Do you have a story for FashionUncutMedia? Email us at tips@thefashionuncutmedia or call 090922541902