...

Fashion Instinct Model Management

Friday, September 30, 2016

Nollywood Actor, Mr Ibu reveals why he almost committed murder

Nollywood comic actor, John Okafor, popularly known as Mr. Ibu, has revealed the terrible experience he had that made him feel like committing murder, for the first time in his life.
He said although he makes a living by having people laugh away their sorrows, he has had cause to be unhappy, even bitter on some occasions, and has also had his fair share of life’s blow, to the extent that he contemplated killing someone.

The chubby actor, in a chat with the Punch said, “It was in 2011. My wife and our 2-year-old son had been kidnapped. After I paid the ransom demanded and they were released by the kidnappers, I returned to Lagos from Enugu.


“Then on January 18, 2011, my son fell ill. The matter was actually between the Paediatric Department of the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Idi-Araba and me.

“My son was diagnosed with inflammation of the liver. The hospital suggested that he should be scanned. At the same time, I was informed that I could take my son out of the hospital to get the scan done elsewhere.

“But the same people later declined, saying that everything had to be done in the hospital because he was too weak to be taken outside. After a while, I was told that there was no electricity in the hospital.

“When I asked if there was no standby generator, they said there was no fuel in it. I offered to pay for fuel only to be told that the man that operated the generator was not around.


“When I left the place and got back later, the man still had not returned. Then I was advised to write an application and to submit to the admin department. After writing the application, I found that there was nobody to receive and treat it.

“While I was waiting, I was told that my son’s condition required blood transfusion; I did everything possible to ensure that he was given treatment at the hospital, but my efforts were in vain.

“Finally, my son gave up the ghost. Later, one of the doctors came to me and, without even sympathizing with me, asked if I could release my boy’s corpse to him so that they could cut it open and use it to teach medical students

“In that moment, I felt like committing murder for the first time in my life,” Mr. Ibu added.

On a lighter note, the actor spoke further, reminiscing his days as a bachelor.

He said, “I had problems with my relationships with women. Each time I had a new girlfriend; other men would always take her from me. Whenever I fell in love with a girl, somebody would snatch her from me. But I don’t fear any sense of loss because I married the best woman on earth.

“Now that I am happily married, women have not stopped coming to me for a date. That is part of the price I have to pay for being popular.

“They are the ones chasing me. I don’t woo them, though,” the 54-year-old actor quipped.

9 comments:

Do you have a story for FashionUncutMedia? Email us at tips@thefashionuncutmedia or call 090922541902