...

Fashion Instinct Model Management

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Their actions are an embarrassment to Nigeria’s image” – Actor Kalu Ikeagwu narrates his Ordeal with the Nigerian Police

 In an interview with Sahara Weekly, he narrates the ordeal he and his family went through in the hands of the Nigerian Police Force

According to the actor, “Yesterday, 26th of September 2016, at about 3:40pm my daughter had just been dropped off at home by her official school bus while I opened the gate for her to come into the house, two men accosted and ordered that I should follow them, then I asked them who they are, instead they flashed an Identity card that only showed police written on it without any name. Meanwhile, these two men were in plain clothes and one of them had a black looped earring. At this point, I said I was not going to follow them since I do not know who they are. Suddenly a white unmarked bus pulled up in front of me and four more men on plain clothes appeared from the bus with one pointing an AK47 raffle at my fore head.”


Kalu Ikeagwu explains that the men over powered and handcuffed him while they drove to Pen-cinema Police station Agege, Lagos State. They drove past area G Police Station Ogba which is closer to Kalu’s residence. Arriving at Pen-cinema Police station, they held him outside the gate  until a man appeared wearing a black long coat who simply identified himself as Born Great Benin.

The actor says “I said to him I cannot answer any  question  from you,  unless I am taken  into the police station proper, it was this Born Great  Benin that later  ordered them to take off the cuffs  and asked them to bundled me into  the bus again and they  drove off to somewhere I later identified as area F,  police station Ikeja.  At this area F rather than take me into the station’s main building, I was held at a room when a certain gentle man identified as Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Philips came in and showed me a telephone number and asked if I knew the owner of the number…”

The actor was able to sort things out with the police.

Talking about how the Nigerian Police handled the case he says “first I will talk about my wife, she is still in fear even till this moment she even stopped me from jogging this morning. I thank God at the way she handled the situation, the situation has made me remember I have a gift in her. For me, it only reminded me of what a movie director in Enugu told me, he said, he can forgive a man that takes away his wife, or a man that stabs him so long as he did not die, but can never lift a finger to help a dying police man. In my life I have never had dealings with the police but it’s unfortunate the way this episode ended.  Because their actions are an embarrassment to Nigeria’s image, the first skill of every intelligent police officer is his understanding of psychology but instead they chose to do otherwise”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a story for FashionUncutMedia? Email us at tips@thefashionuncutmedia or call 090922541902