...

Fashion Instinct Model Management

Friday, August 5, 2016

How I sold stolen cars to two Pastors – Islamic cleric [PHOTOS]

The Lagos State Police Command has arrested a 42-year-old Islamic cleric, Rasheed Ayuba, for alleged car theft.
Ayuba, who hails from Igbesa, Ogun State, was apprehended alongside a transporter in Ibadan, Oyo State, Falade Igbekele, who reportedly bought six of the stolen cars.

Items recovered from Ayuba, who also teaches at an Arabic school in Ishasi, Lagos, include a bunch of master keys and about 13 other car keys, as well as charms, Punch reports.




His luck ran out when he recently entered a hotel in the Ikotun area and stole a Camry parked on the premises.

Ayuba confessed that “I finished from an Arabic school in Ikotun and started teaching Arabic in Ishasi. At about 11pm on June 8, I went to a hotel around Ile-Iwe bus stop to steal a Toyota Camry. But I was arrested by the security guards in the area.

“I got the master keys I used from John, who is from Benin Republic. We met in 2013 in Lagos and he sold the master keys to me. Since then, I had been using them to steal cars. I usually sold the cars to my customers in Ibadan. One of them is Falade (Igbekele) to whom I sold six cars, and Friday, who bought a Toyota Camry.

“It was only four cars I had stolen this year before I was arrested. I sold a Toyota Camry to one pastor Dare for N100,000, and a Honda for N80,000 to another pastor. But pastor Dare had just paid me N50,000. They all knew I stole the cars.”


However, Igbekele, 52, also admitted he bought six cars from Ayuba, saying a friend introduced him to Ayuba.

“I knew Alfa Ayuba through a friend called Lucky Star. Lucky told me Alfa sells vehicles and I said I had interest in buying them. He had sold six vehicles to me so far, including a Nissan Sunny and a Nissan Primero. I bought them for N150,000 each.

“I bought all the cars from Alfa three years ago. He told me he stole them and I asked if I would not get into trouble; he said yes,” Igbekele said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a story for FashionUncutMedia? Email us at tips@thefashionuncutmedia or call 090922541902