...

Fashion Instinct Model Management

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Manchester City Sign John Stones

The 22-year old England international is now the most expensive English defender ever, after City paid £47.5 million for him, eclipsing the £29 million Manchester United paid to Leeds for Rio Ferdinand.
Stones, who almost joined Chelsea last season, signed a six-year contract with City, and expressed his delight with joining the team
“I’m absolutely delighted to sign for City and now the deal’s done I’m looking forward to the next stage in my career,” he said to the club’s website. “I’ve obviously seen what’s going on here at the Etihad, it’s an ambitious Club with a great manager so I can’t wait to get stuck in and help achieve the goals.


“I know it will be tough getting a place in this team but I’m determined to become the best player I can be and help us to success. I had a wonderful time with Everton and wish them and their fans all the best but now I’ll give my all for City.”

Manager Pep Guardiola added: “We want to help John show his quality with us and improve on what he has already achieved. I like the way he plays the game and I’m looking forward to welcoming him into the squad.”

Stones is City’s 7th signing of the season, following the arrivals of Ilkay Gundogan, Nolito, Marlos Moreno, Oleksandr Zinchenko, Gabriel Jesus and Leroy Sane.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a story for FashionUncutMedia? Email us at tips@thefashionuncutmedia or call 090922541902