...

Fashion Instinct Model Management

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

I’m going to stay and fight for a new Chelsea contract – Mikel Obi

Super Eagles captain, Mikel John Obi, has confirmed that he will ‘definitely’ stay at Chelsea for the 2016/2017 season.
The midfielder, who will be representing Nigeria at this year’s Olympic Games, says he is determined to prove himself under new manager, Antonio Conte, and earn a new deal.

“I am definitely staying at Chelsea and I will try to give my best to the club, like I have always done,” Mikel told Evening Standard.

“I want to help the team fight for every point, win and trophies. I also want to help the team qualify for the CL again.



“For 10 years I have been going to the same training ground and locker room. It is an amazing club, with an amazing owner.

“I have a year left and then we will see what happens. If I play well this season, it will help me earn a new contract.

“I will give 120 per cent every time I’m on the pitch or come off the bench. I will always give my best.


“If Chelsea want to talk, we’ll talk. If I have to move on there will be plenty of clubs out there where I can continue.

“It will be but these things happen. You have to move on one day. My happy memories of Chelsea will never go away.”

The 29-year-old also thanked the Stamford Bridge outfit, for allowing him go to Brazil, after Samson Siasia selected him as one of the over-aged players in his squad.

“I explained to the club why I wanted to go [to the Olympics] and I thank them for their understanding,” he said.

“The coach also gave me his blessing. He told me to make sure I do well and bring back the gold medal!

“Obviously, it is hard to be away because I want to impress the new coach. It’s a risk I have taken but I stand by that.

“Chelsea are like a family to me. It is a place that has become a part of me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a story for FashionUncutMedia? Email us at tips@thefashionuncutmedia or call 090922541902