...

Fashion Instinct Model Management

Friday, September 2, 2016

I did not deceive anyone by reversing my retirement decision – Messi

Argentine playmaker, Lionel Messi has insisted that he “did not deceive anybody” after reversing his decision to call it quit with the national team.
Messi made his first appearance for Argentina yesterday scoring the only goal in a win against Uruguay.

The five time world footballer of the year surprised many footballing lovers when he announced his retirement from the Argentina national team as a result their loss to Chile in the Copa America Centenario final in June.


It was the third time in three years that Messi and his national team mates had lost in the final of a major international tournament.

However, a meeting with new Argentina coach, Edgardo Bauza helped convinced the Barcelona star to reverse his decision.

The 29-year-old insists he did not attempt to fool anyone with his decision to retire, adding that it was the right thing to do at the time.

Messi told TV Publica, “I am very grateful [to return to the national team. But I did not deceive anybody when I retired, I felt that.


“We were very disappointed with what had happened, but after that I thought better.

“I had a conversation with the Paton [Bauza] and the people as well accompanied me through it.”

However, Messi expressed doubt over his availability for Argentina’s next qualifier against Venezuela due to injury.

“I don’t know if I will play against Venezuela.

“I have a lot of pain in my groin but I wanted to be here after the disturbance I caused.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a story for FashionUncutMedia? Email us at tips@thefashionuncutmedia or call 090922541902